Featured Cosplayer: Pia Reyes aka Yuuki Tennouji





When did you start cosplaying?


I started cosplaying November 2009.


What motivates you to cosplay?


At first I only tried cosplaying for fun, then as time pass I started to feel more confident about myself and more motivated to face other people. And I got to meet a lot of my friends through my cosplays. So the thought of enjoyment and confidence motivates me to cosplay my favorite anime/game characters.


What costume/s have you worn so far? What made you choose that/those costume/s?


Since 2009 I've cosplayed 10 characters. Some of them were: 


Allen Walker (Casual Clothes) of D.Gray-Man 
Hope Estheim of Final Fantasy XIII 
Nate River of Death Note 
KAITO (song: Imitation Black) of Vocaloid 
Kamui Gakupo (song: Magnet) of Vocaloid 
Len Kagamine (song: Setsugetsuka) of Vocaloid
Garnet til Alexandros XVII of Final Fantasy IX 


Whenever I choose the character/s I want to cosplay, I always keep in mind to cosplay the characters that I love and I'm familiar with. Knowing the character that you're going to cosplay is the first key into a successful day.


What cosplay events have you attended and which do you consider most special?


I don't always attend conventions because of conflict with my school, but I make sure I can attend major/big conventions that are held at either SM Megamall Megatrade Hall or SMX Convention Center. Because those two places are the closest from my house and easily accessible. The must-go cons list that I have are: Ozine Fest, UP AME, ToyCon and Cosplay Mania. I always attend Ozine Fest conventions yearly because it was the very first convention (last 2006) that I went to. My year wouldn't be complete unless I can attend Ozine Fest con. 


Describe your life outside cosplay.


Everyday I'm just any other College student. I wake up early, go to school and go home late afternoon/early night. I spend the night surfing the net while doing homeworks. During vacations, I wake up late, open my laptop, then cook lunch then spend the whole day reading manga at Mangafox.com. People who doesn't know my cosplay background might classify me as a anti-social person because I would hardly talk unless spoken to. But when they discovered my hobby, they would react like "You look very different while cosplaying!" "You don't look like the type that cosplays!" etc. etc. etc. I would get really embarrassed when they say those things. 




Short message to your fans and fellow cosplayers. 


Not sure about the "message to your fans" but I guess I could give a little message to the fellow cosplayers out there. 
Don't get easily intimidated about the negative responses we get about our so-called "weird" hobby. Don't let them stop you. Just smile and stand strong, because in the end those who lived a happy and satisfied life would feel fulfilled and complete. 




You can follow me on the following sites:


http://www.facebook.com/yuyutennouji
http://phantomhiveyuuki.deviantart.com/
http://worldcosplay.net/member/20872/






Pia Reyes as Allen Walker of D.Gray-Man


Pia Reyes as Allen Walker of D.Gray-Man




Pia Reyes as Hope Estheim of Final Fantasy XIII


Pia Reyes as KAITO of Vocaloid


Pia Reyes as Len Kagamine of Vocaloid 






Pia Reyes as Hope Estheim of Final Fantasy XIII






Pia Reyes as Nate River of Death Note


Pia Reyes as Garnet til Alexandros of Final Fantasy XVII

CosplayTips.com