Featured Cosplayer: Immee Alforque Bala





When did you start cosplaying?


Ozamiz City (Mindanao) is a very little city and it’s almost closed minded to the new innovative ways to have fun, or consider cool. I have always known cosplay, but due to my geographical location and limited funds to join an event either in Cebu or Davao, my love for cosplay was stuck to contention "internet browsing."

It was the last few days of my nursing review in 2010 (guess how old I am) when I heard news from a friend that there will be an open cosplay photo-shoot. I could not believe it. It was like a dream come true for me. There I met new friends just like me ^^ and we created this group. http://www.facebook.com/OzamizCosplay?ref=ts


What motivates you to cosplay?


Sheer love for creating something with my own hands and appreciation to all the games I play, all the anime I watch and all the manga I read.  


What costume/s have you worn so far? What made you choose that/those costume/s?


I’m not a cute face so mostly the characters are a little kick-ass.


YUAN of Cabal online = My first. I was horrified by the result that my sastre made. but still........ 
Koran of Naruto =  Naruto theme photo shoot
Rouge of Ragnarok online
Ayame of the Yakuza family. 
Guillotine Cross of Ragnarok online = my first cosplay since I moved to manila. in time for level up 2012
Black Canary = 6th TagCom Day 3


What cosplay events have you attended and which do you consider most special?


Level Up, because it was my first in manila. I was a little confused on how the voting system worked but it was fun.


Describe your life outside cosplay. 


Boring day job. For now I’m working hard to pay for my own schooling for animation despite my parent’s wishes, even if I’m a registered nurse. 


Short message to your fans and fellow cosplayers 


I don’t have fans >_< so to all my friends and fellow cosplayers just continue what you like doing. Always cosplay a character near your own body/appearance so it won’t look awkward. Pay attention to detail and have FUN! 


You can follow me at my deviant account: http://slapshockangel.deviantart.com/






CosplayTips.com